Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas On Main Street


The Old Farmer's Daughter would like to say how much I enjoyed
the past couple weeks on her school's facebook page. 
We have been remembering our small town and the stores on Main Street
It was fun to remember many and learn of some I didn't remember.
Go Starpoint! 

So there came a time when The Old Farmer
and The Old Farmer's Wife decided I was old enough
to go Christmas shopping by myself!  


I was dropped off at the corner of Main Street
just above the bridge (widest bridge in the world! at that time).
The street was decorated for the holidays. 
My heart was pounding with excitement! 
With some trepidation I set off up the street.

The Old Farmer's Daugher goes Christmas Shopping

I had $10.00 and 5 gifts to buy. 
First stop the menswear store to get a tie for The Old Farmer.
Second stop the 5 and dime.
Evening in Paris gift set for The Old Farmer's wife.
Then some gifts for the brother and sisters.
Life saver's gift book? Pez? 

A dollar went a long ways then!

All to soon the adventure over and I waited on the corner
for The Old Farmer's Wife to pick me up.  

Are all those celebrating ready for Christmas?
What are you doing for the holidays?


No comments: